Tuesday, July 21, 2020

I miss it. It's been a part of my July since 1985. I look forward to it every year, the drama, the excitement, the suffering, the crashes. What is it? It's the biggest bike race on the planet, the Tour de France! 

The Tour de France is an epic 3 week cycling race each year in July that covers about 2,500 miles through France. Twenty- two teams of eight riders, from around world, compete for the most important title in cycling. The routes change each year, and every stage offers beautiful scenery of France. 

For the last 35 years my family knows that when July comes, I get dibs on the TV. I record each day's stage, which can be anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day. Because France is 7 hours a head of us, sometimes the Tour starts very early here in America and I can see it live. Most of the time I come home from work, eat a quick dinner and sit back and watch 3 to 4 hours of the tour. I love it! 

For all you sports fans out there, this has been a weird year. No Major League Baseball, no NBA, no hockey and no college sports at all. There is a little bit of live golf but is golf really a sport? I mean, come on! 

Anyway, I sure hope there is college football this year. If the government announced today that the only way college football happens is that we go into a complete lockdown, the entire South would quarantine immediately ... just saying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment