Monday, October 5, 2020

 I received a nice handwritten thank you note from Sofia last week. I had recently supported her Girl Scout effort, and she was kind enough to say thank you in writing! Charisse is doing a great job of instilling the value of gratitude to her daughter! 

I think everyone enjoys being appreciated, and we should never hesitate to thank someone for a job well done. I once had an attorney tell me that you should never put a thank you, or any kind of praise, in writing because it may come back to haunt you. How ridiculous is that! I have always felt that we need to thank those who are helping us get the job done. That could be a fellow teammate, a subcontractor, a foreman, an architect, an engineer, even a building official or fire marshal! Sounds crazy, right! Well, it has been my experience that when you tell someone in writing that you appreciate them, it creates a positive bond between you and them. 

The art of writing a good thank you note has become somewhat of a lost art. You should give it a try. Write your Mom, your Dad, a sibling or a friend a nice note telling them you appreciate them. Send it via snail mail. I'm willing to bet you they will be surprised and pleased with the gift of gratitude you have expressed to them! 

Try putting an attitude of gratitude in your life! You will be amazed at how it changes you, and the people around you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment