Tuesday, September 15, 2020

If you are married, or have a significant other, you should consider reading "The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate" by Gary Chapman. The author describes the following five ways to express your love to your mate: 

1. Words of Affirmation

2. Acts of Service

3. Receiving Gifts

4. Quality Time

5. Physical Touch

My wife Chris and I had a couple staying with us recently, and as I was fixing dinner and setting the table, my friend asked if acts of service was one of my love languages. My answer was yes! So, what does that mean? In terms of intimate relationships, Acts of Service is a language that can best be described as doing something for your partner that you know they would like, such as filling up their gas, watering their plants, or cooking them a meal. When you give Acts of Service, you give up your time. 

One of my wife Chris's love language is Words of Affirmation. I tell her often that she is funny, her hair looks great, or that new dress looks fantastic! I am my wife's biggest fan, and I have been telling her for 35 years that I am crazy about her! These words are important for her to hear. 

If you are in a long-term relationship, give this book a try. It certainly will be a lively discussion with your mate, and hopefully you'll learn how to be a better partner to the one you love! 


No comments:

Post a Comment