Monday, August 17, 2020

This quote was sent to me last week.

If you want happiness for an hour, 
Take a nap. 

If you want happiness for a week, 
Go fishing. 

If you want happiness for a year, 
Inherit a fortune. 

If you want happiness for a lifetime, 
Help Somebody.

I have a friend who told me he was depressed, just not feeling right with the world, and so he asked me what I would recommend to help him feel better. I told him he should spend a morning delivering meals to shut in senior citizens as part of the local Meals on Wheels program. He took my advice, and spent a morning with my wife Chris delivering meals for about 3 hours. He told me afterwards that he felt better because he realized there is always someone in more difficult spot than he was. By focusing on helping others, some of his burdens were lifted. 

Helping others is one of the most therapeutic and rewarding things we can do. I have always felt that outwardly focused people, always asking what they can do to help, are the happiest people in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment